Do you have a roadside inspection that is incorrect?
Whether you are a driver or a motor carrier, we can help challenge the incorrect inspection report to get it removed from your record. When you want to challenge an incorrect violation, a crash that meets the challenge guidelines, or an inspection assigned to you by mistake, you can achieve this through the DataQ process.
What is the DataQ system?
DataQ is the online system for drivers, motor carriers, Federal and State agencies, and others to file concerns about Federal and State data maintained in MCMIS and released to the public by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
What can CNS do for me the in the DataQ system?
- Request copies of an Inspection Report
- Contest incorrect, multiple-listed, or missing IEP/shipper information.
- Citation with associated violation
- Assigned to wrong motor carrier or driver
- Challenging a DOT Audit/Investigation
- Challenging a fine as a result of a Notice of Claim or Notice of Violation
- Crash duplicates, record missing, crash report contains incorrect information, crash preventability program*
What is the Crash Preventability Program?
If you have an eligible crash that occurred on or after June 1, 2017, you may submit a challenge with compelling evidence to prove the crash was Not Preventable. During the Demonstration Program, eligible crashes are limited to the following:
- Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) was struck by a motorist driving under the influence of illegal substance (or related offense)
- CMV was struck by a motorist driving the wrong direction
- CMV was struck in the rear
- CMV was struck while it was legally stopped or parked, including when the vehicle is unattended
- CMV struck an individual committing, or attempting to commit, suicide by stepping or driving in front of the CMV
- CMV sustained disabling damage after striking an animal in the roadway
- Crash as a result of an infrastructure failure, falling trees, rocks, or debris
- CMV was struck by cargo or equipment from another vehicle
Why use CNS?
We have built great rapport with the FMCSA challenging DataQ’s. We have the experience and expertise to determine what is able to be challenged and what is not. Our consultants are well-versed in the FMCSA rules and regulations, as well as what an officer is required to note on their report. Whether you would like our consultants to challenge one Data-Q, or review all roadside inspections monthly to report which violations are able to be challenged – we have a cost effect solution for your company.
What is all included in the monthly DataQ review option?
- Monthly review of all roadside inspection and crash reports for accuracy
- Collection of supporting documents for challenges
- Collection of inspections reports from drivers with a briefing from the driver
- Account Manager experience with handling DataQ challenges
- Monthly Report on roadside inspections with driver recommendations
- Portal to save all your challenges and roadside inspections reports in case of an on-site audit.