Fuel Tax Permitting

When do you need a Fuel Permit?

There are several situations when you would need a fuel permit, but one thing is for certain, if you are an interstate carrier (traveling out of state), you will need a Fuel Permit.

Current Fuel Tax Rates

(hover or click to view the 2022 4th Quarter Fuel Tax Rates in your state)

Who does it apply to?

If your vehicle or vehicles are traveling out of state and any of the below are true, you will need a fuel permit.

  • Your vehicle is not registered under IFTA
  • Your power unit has 3 or more axles
  • Your power unit has 2 axles and a gross vehicle or registered weight over 26,000 lbs.
  • Your tow vehicle and trailer have a combined gross vehicle (GVWR) or registered weight (GCWR) of over 26,000 lbs.
Fuel Tax Permitting | DOT Licensing | CNS
How do we perform this service?
Fuel Tax Compliance

We can handle Fuel Tax Permitting and Fuel Tax Compliance for a single owner-operator or fleet of 500 trucks. Fuel tax compliance and management can be difficult, time-consuming, and costly with more and more DOT Audits and IFTA Audits, penalties are exceeding millions of dollars.

What steps are we taking for you?

DOT Compliance and Licensing Services

If you are ready to get started or would just like more information on how you can start being more proactive with your compliance, please fill out the form below. We are here to help and answer any questions.