DOT Mock Audits Onsite
Our CNS Specialists have extensive audit experience whether as a consultant or as former DOT Auditors themselves. CNS audits will be conducted the same as a real DOT Audit.
How It Works Before the Audit
- The CNS will schedule a time that works best for you and your staff
- You will send a driver & vehicle list and your DOT PIN number to CNS, 5 days prior to the audit
- CNS Specialists will use this information to research your operation before they come in for Audit.
- The CNS Specialists will email you a list of all the specific drivers and vehicle files that will be needed. This way you can get everything together ahead of time.
Day of the Audit
- Relax.. it’s a mock audit. Be transparent with the auditor as they are there to help you by giving you an honest assessment.
- Our specialist will show up 10 minutes early and introduce themselves to go over how the audit will work.
- Ask as many questions as possible. We are there to teach you how the FMCSA wants to see your documents. Our specialist will explain the “why” to you.
- Our Dot Specialists will go through the following but not limited to:
- MCS 90
- Drug Consortium Documents
- Accident Documents
- Driver Qualification Files
- Hours of Service Documents
- Vehicle Maintenance Documents
- Hazmat Documents * If Applicable
- Our Specialists will go over your systems and process and help tighten up the process if needed.
- A CNS Specialist will write up a report of their findings and potential fines just like the DOT would and explain the areas that need improvement, if any, and the areas your company has sufficient compliance.