Our CNS Specialists have extensive audit experience whether as a consultant or as former DOT Auditors themselves. CNS will make sure the FMCSA gives you a fair audit by not issuing inaccurate violations and overstepping their authority.
How IT Works Before the Audit
- Once you sign up with CNS Audit Representation service you will be assigned an DOT Specialists right away as we know a DOT Auditor usually gives a 5- 20 day notice.
- You will send a driver & vehicle list and your DOT PIN number to CNS for our review
- CNS Specialists will make contact with your DOT Auditor to let them know we will be representing you and send any documents ahead of time to the officer.
- CNS Specialists will use this information to research your operation before they come in for Audit.
- The CNS Specialists if time allows audit your documents to see what may be missing or out of compliance. *We will not allow you to falsify documents. We known with the DOT to have high Integrity. The purpose of CNS quick audit is to find missing documents and to create an action plan for the areas out of compliance. We find that creating action plans on how to become compliant goes a long way with DOT. The DOT auditors have seen it all before with companies trying to hid or falsify documents. 9 out of 10 times DOT catches these companies and slaps falsification violations and fines that are much worse.
- CNS will set up and organize the files on how DOT will want to see them. We know the faster we get the auditor out of your office the better it is for you.
Day of the Audit
- Relax.. We are there to help you through the audit
- Our specialist will show up 10 minutes early to be able to meet the DOT Auditor.
- Our specialists will do as much of talking that they area able to on your behalf. You may have to answer certain questions about your business that the Specialists may not know.
- Our specialists will go over your systems and process and help tighten up the process if needed.
- A CNS specialist will verify any violations you received that are true and correct.
- CNS will review the violation report with you and help guide you with any corrective action plan