Our compliance experts are here to guide you along the path to lifting your Conditional rating as quickly as possible.
You Can Rely on Our Expertise To Upgrade Your Conditional Ratings
When you are assigned a Conditional or Unsatisfactory rating, the FMCSA has determined that you do not have adequate safety management controls in place to ensure compliance with the safety standards. If this is not addressed quickly, non–compliance could ultimately lead to a driver losing their ability to operate.
How do these ratings impact you long term? It decreases a drivers ability to access loads and if you do get work, companies may take advantage of your conditional status and pay you less. A Conditional rating can cause your insurance premiums to increase by at least 20% when it’s time to renew coverage.
What is Required to Request a Rating Upgrade?
To request a safety rating upgrade, the DOT requires detailed documentation.
- You must demonstrate to the FMCSA corrective actions you’ve taken.
- Depending on the extent of the violation, you may have to provide more detail.
- All actions must be documented carefully, with copies sent to the FMCSA.
Most business owners don’t have time for all this time-consuming documentation and communication with FMCSA — that’s why they hire us!
What You Can Expect When You Hire CNS
✓ We will be a fierce advocate for you
✓ We will communicate regularly with FMCSA and update you on the progress
✓ We will ensure all the paperwork is accurate, complete, and submitted in a timely fashion
What is the Cost?
The cost will vary based on every client and we will give you a detailed quote once we understand your situation A few factors we use to determine our fees are as follows:
- Number of violations that need to be investigated
- Systems and processes we need to create (or update) to prove effective change to the FMCSA
- Number of documents that need to be created for FMCSA review
*Please Note: We will need to see the actual DOT inspection report before we can provide an accurate quote.
How Long Will the Process Take?
Typically 30-90 days, but it depends on the FMCSA’s current work load. Our team will diligently follow up with FMCSA to get updates on your request and communicate with you about our progress.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Us For a Free Conditional Rating Consultation
- We will contact you within 1 business day to set up a consultation.
- Please pull a copy of your DOT inspection report. We will need that to provide an estimate.
- We will send a proposal, including a price quote, to you within 1 business day.